Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Retired

So I finally pulled the plug. Retired. Done. Unemployed but still collecting a paycheck. Old. Well, advanced middle aged anyway.

I'm uneasy about it. I mean, I've been in one uniform or another for the last 33 years. Going from 100 to 0 just ain't in the cards. In that vein, I'm ramping up the training and workouts to a whole new level.

So, I'm kicking off FiftyFit. How fit can a 50ish year old guy get? Especially one as lazy as I am. Heh heh.

Don't get me wrong. I've got a lot on the old plata. 2 houses in different states. 1 to get ready for renting and the other for our occupancy. For those interested we'll be moving from california to utah sometime this year.

I'm working on the ole diet thing. Luckily my daughter is schooled in such and is way smarter than I am. She and the grandkids are visiting next for month for 6 weeks or so (and here's to 'or so' lasting until, oh maybe 2011). While she's here we'll be riding, spending time in the gym and refining my diet. That means she's going to beat me about the head and shoulders until I give up bad stuff. The definition of 'bad stuff' will surely make me cry but she won't care. Meanie.

My 2010 goals?
1. I'm currently at 240 pounds (down from the 250's last year). I want to get to 215. That's 25 pounds. Imminently doable, especially considering how Gene at
http://100poundsago.wordpress.com/ lost 90 friggin' pounds last year. Makes me feel like a wuss.
2. Ride a Century. There's one in my new hometown of St. George, Utah next month. Perfect. Yeah, I won't be ready. But I will do one this year. I vow.
3. In light of goal number 2 above I definitely need a new bicycle. It's for my health and everything. I mean, I really need a new one. Really. I have a Gary Fisher MTB and a Giant TCR2 road bike. I have to say the Gary Fisher just fits me better even though I'd buy another Giant in a second.
4. I can't think of anything else right now but rest assured I have many more goals I will accomplish this year. Many more. All of them all epic and cool and stuff.

In the meantime Lu and I are going riding tomorrow, weather permitting.

I'll post pictures.

Six

No comments: